- Subject line
- From name
- Day of the week
- Time of dayc
- Mostly-images vs. mostly-text
- Short copy vs. long copy
- Links vs. buttons
- Number of links
- Unsubscribe option
- First name personalization
- Animated gifs
- Font styles/colors
- Social sharing icons
- Call to action
- Post-click landing page
- Social proof
- Tone — human vs. corporate
25 Jul 2013
1. Keep it Quick – Design your site to load fast and make copy easy to scan
2. Simplify Navigation – Create clear navigation and search function
3. Be Thumb Friendly – Design your site so any size hand can easily interact with it
4. Design for Visibility – Make it easy for your customers to read
5. Make it Accessible – Mobile sites should work across all mobile devices
6. Make it Easy to Convert – Create clear ways for your users to make purchases or contact you
7. Make it Local – Consumers look for local information on their phones all the time
8. Make it Seamless – Convert as much of the functionality of your desktop site to mobile
9. Use Mobile Site Redirects – Ensure that visitors are redirected to your mobile friend site
10. Listen, Learn and Iterate – Make testing and optimization an ongoing process
24 Jul 2013
9 Jul 2013
- Get your sales team to blogger.
- Create video campaign on youtube.
- Create a twitter campaign
- Create a facebook page and post
- Create a customer group on facebook.
- Get your customers to comment.
- Automate your social marketing.